Thursday, March 27, 2014

Finding Inspiration

Every person, instance, & aspect of Life can be inspiration. All it takes is the right perspective. This thought came to me this afternoon, helping me to clear up some frustration. Lately, I have had the ever-so-lovely feeling of writing frustration. I haven't been dealing with writer's block, but rather writer brain without the focus turned on. As a result, I have been feeling as though I'm not currently an inspired writer. That is utter heifer dust, as I know I constantly find inspiration. What triggered today is that I may have been approaching my writing from a different perspective than I need to at this time. Recently, I've been in that ever-so-lovely mindset that I need to be focused when I sit down to write, when the point isn't that I always need to be focused, but rather I sit down and write. Sometimes I make things so much more difficult for myself than I need to make them. Ooh! Life Lesson time! My happy thought is that I have rediscovered my inspiration for my writing - writing. Every day, whatever comes to me, and when things gel more for me, I flesh them out more and more until I have a product that I am not only willing to share, but that actually want to send out to even a small part of the world. At that point, I share it. Sometimes, it works as simply and quickly as this entry has, and I will shortly be sending it out to the world via my blog (after only working on it for about fifteen minutes). Some pieces take quite some time to flesh out to the 'sharing' point, and others are there almost right away, and others fall in between. I love that jumble of needs at different levels for different pieces. If they were all the same, I would never get the same charge from finishing a manuscript, a script, a short story, a poem, a lesson plan, or even a shopping list. Yes, with the right inspiration, even a shopping list can become a phenomenal work of writing - if nothing else, it may save me from my meals becoming too boring! There are times when I need a big jolt to shake me up and really cause inspiration to flood into my life, then there are times when I tweak my perspective just the tiniest bit, and the perfect piece for that moment comes to me and allows itself to be shared. What will inspire you today? What will it inspire you to do? The world awaits your amazing results. JBB

No comments:

Post a Comment