Saturday, April 5, 2014

Eggs, Experts, and Endings

Hello, Internet World!

Last evening I left off with Dogs – as I heart mine a great deal. Today I shall base my first word off of that with what one of my pups managed to sneak off of my plate this morning.

Eggs

Nutrition gurus – some actual gurus, some self-proclaimed, have gone back and forth for longer than I care to think about whether Eggs are good for us, bad for us, or only the white (psst! It’s clear!), or yolk (which leads to all kinds of puns), or ones made of candy in time for some springtime holidays…well, this morning, they seemed to be great for whichever dog managed to snag it while I was answering the door. Both looked guilty, and neither would ‘fess up.  I know, I know, my life is clearly so difficult!  Personally, I like Eggs – easy to cook in many ways, good source of protein, and the shells are great for the garden!  Though, I do wonder who watched a chicken (or other Egg-laying animal), saw something come out of the hind end of the animal and thought to himself, “I think I want to eat that.” - ??? I understand the whole drinking of milk more readily, as baby animals do so, but the whole Egg thing makes my brain cramp when I think about it for more than a few minutes. So, I’ll leave that, and the whole ‘chicken or Egg first’ deal to the Experts.

Experts

I don’t consider Experts to be infallible individuals who know all about a certain topic. To me, experts are those who are well educated and very knowledgeable in whatever area they are considered Expert. When those who have the knowledge choose to share it with others, especially when they actually like to help others, I get happy vibes.

Experts are unfortunately often viewed by some as infallible – they must be always right, or they will be shunned and treated in other negative ways. This bugs me. We are all human, none of us perfect. I’m glad none of us are truly perfect, as that would leave us completely boring. We need challenges in order to grow, and in order to find our paths in this world. We need valleys and mountains on our journey, boulders and large trees to climb or go around, all kinds of weather to challenge us, and times of ease to rest and truly appreciate what we have and have survived. We need beginnings to inspire us, twists and turns to keep it interesting, and Endings to wrap up what we have had and make way for new beginnings.

Endings

Often, Endings are painful – either we have dealt with something hard for so long, we fear it will never end, or we have had such a great time in other cases that we don’t want the happiness to end, or fear it will never return. Endings can be difficult to accept, like the Ending of an excellent story or series. The fandoms out there in the world prove that there are those who deny their stories having Endings, but I prefer to think of it in a slightly different way: with fans, with memories, and other such amazing aspects of Life and its stories, Endings may come in one form – like the Ending of a book – but the story can still live on (fans often make sure of that). I can think of several Endings in my life that have not been easy in any manner, but I’ve always tried to consider them not only Endings (some of which were a major relief), but beginnings, and milestones. All of these things can be looked back on in any number of ways…and when things get tough, I like to consider them similar to stones. Stones that did not strike me down or trip me so I fell, but stones that I have used to build up my own Fortress.

*Note to readers: shameless plug time!* Since ‘Expert’ makes me think of someone who knows a ton about a topic, and my favorite Experts are those who choose to help others. My sister is my financial Expert…and she absolutely loves to help people. If you’d like to see what she has to say, and ask her questions, you can find her here Financial Wellness Coach - Facebook Page, or  at Financial Wellness Coach - Blog - check it out!

Thanks for your time on this lovely day of E!  See you in a couple days for Fantastic F Words! ;)


JBB

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on endings, great post, I will try to get back. Nice to connect and follow http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see where to follow you :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    I'm hopping over from A to Z Challenge and wanted to say good luck with the challenge. I'm a children's author and this month I will reviewing picture books on my blog.

    Take care,

    Donna L Martin
    www.donnalmartin.com

    ReplyDelete